Domingo Cigars is the place of reference for tobacco lovers. It has a unique space for tradition and assortment of cigars: the first natural cave for cigars conservation in Spain. Here you can find the latest market news, limited editions and the most exclusive cigar brands: Cohiba, Montecristo, Partagás, Romeo y Julieta, H.Upmann…
– Constant temperature of 18ºC
– Relative humidity of 75-80% for the ideal conservation of tobacco
– Maximum isolation
Our cave has:
– Up to 50 different brands of cigars
– Habanos of excellence
– Wide selection of Dominicans, Hondurans and Nicaraguans cigars
Our best products come from Cuba. When Christopher Columbus arrived on the island, he discovered a group of Taínos (pre-Columbian inhabitants of that land) smoking a cigar with black tobacco leaves, which they called cohiba. That same cigar was brought to Europe: thus began the long history of a prosperous tobacco export business that continues nowadays, with impressive numbers:
– 30 thousand hectares of land in Cuba are dedicated annually to tobacco cultivation
– 66 thousand tons of tobacco are approximately the annual harvest in Viñales valley
– 27 Havana brands are protected by the DOP
In the western region of Cuba, where the largest tobacco crops are grown, there is a relative humidity of 79% and an average temperature of 25oC. These incredibly special conditions, added to the characteristics of the island’s soil and the experience that the twisters apply in making the product, have ledCuban tobacco to achieve the success we know.
A curiosity: Cohiba is considered the most globally renowned brand and generally achieves the highest scores in international competitions. It is one of the few brands that were born under the long period of the Castro government, in 1966, and since then it has been manufactured in the prestigious El Laguito factory in Havana.